Convert HP 100’s Doubles to LP 85’s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHSDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for guidance on converting a pair of Faber HP 100’s to Faber LP85’s. The 85’s are 7.0” diameter, a bit small than the 7.25” 100’s. Can I use my set of Highland 7.25” bands or will it put stress on the manifold? Is there a product that I can place between the tanks and bands to make up the difference? My manifold is XS Scuba.

I have asked several LDS’s and gotten a few different answers. I thought I would ask the pros.

Yes

“The 7.25-inch bands fit the most common diameter cylinders such as aluminum AL80s or steel LP80's, HP80's, HP100's, and HP120's. The 7.25-inch bands also fit the 7.0-inch diameter LP85's and the 6.9-inch diameter AL72's. For metric cylinders use the 7.25-inch bands on 12.2L, 10.5L and 9L cylinders.”

What is this manufacturer? Highland told me theirs would not work, but this sounds like they would?

You could buy these if you like and not go against what the manufacturer of yours is telling you, and there will be a good chance the dimensions of the two will match where it matters.

the highland 7.25 bands work ok with LP85s if you have a dive rite style manifold that can adjust the CTC distance. you can also get rubber spacers if you really wanted to (or if your manifold is fixed distance).

Can Anyone recommend a spacer or rubber tank band to put under the steel bands to help correct the distance?

I have an XS Scuba manifold, which I believe is fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom