Converting a UK1200 to LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAWISA1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a UK1200 light that I want to convert to LED and have seen someone build one but they did not provided step by step instructions. Has anyone done this and can provide some details on the actual parts used?

Based on comparing my 1200 to a D8, the case appears pretty much the same. I would think if you can find a D8 with LED, and test fit the head assembly to your 1200, you might find that you can simply buy that part from UK, drop it in, and be done . . . . I have been looking, since I have been considering the D8 tungsten insert for my 1200, since they apparently decided that supporting the users of the 1200 was not important, and you can't get the lamp for it anymore . . . and LED doesn't interest me in the slightest, but that's irrelevant - if the D8 insert fits the 1200 body, the either conversion should work.

- Tim

Back
Top Bottom