Converting to single phase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll take a look at some of my books and see if I have a generic wiring diagram. If I do i will post it here.

Thanks guys. Maybe I did not explain it right. This compressor comes either 3 phase or single phase. The box where the wiring comes in from the disconnect has two wiring plans for either single or three phase so I thought if the wires were arranged as shown it would start right up. If I push the center bar the motor starts right up. I think the problem is the starter relay which is not engaging. Btw I believe the relay was always 120.

Measure the continuity across the coil. If it's open, get a new coil. I believe you either have a burnt coil or a wrong voltage coil. The fact that your compressor picks up manually tells me that the mains are wired correctly. Can you post a picture of the starter showing the wires from the starter to the coil? Most 3 phase starter coils are 240v, most single phase coils are 120V. The coil itself will tell you what the voltage should be.

Success seems we missed moving a relay wire. On 3 phase the relay goes to L2 which is the center post on a single phase L2 is the right post. I missed the most simple answer, human error. Back in business now to button it up and fill tanks. Just in time too as I was on my last full set of tanks for class. Woohoo. Again thanks for all the ideas.

From working things like this. when you have 3 phase often 2 of the legs are used to get 120vac to power the control circuit. if you moved the wireing then you hmay now be using 2 hot lines to power th motr but the control circuit is with out power cause it is still wired to a now unused wire.. send me a eail with the schmetics of both 3 and single phase wireing.

Thanks guys. Maybe I did not explain it right. This compressor comes either 3 phase or single phase. The box where the wiring comes in from the disconnect has two wiring plans for either single or three phase so I thought if the wires were arranged as shown it would start right up. If I push the center bar the motor starts right up. I think the problem is the starter relay which is not engaging. Btw I believe the relay was always 120.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom