Cost of gear back in the day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting stuff. Puts things in perspective. Still, from the perspective of someone that has only been diving 7 years, things have definitely gotten more expensive. (But, I suppose everything has gotten more expensive in the last few years.) One thing in particular is that there used to be basic drysuits for under $1,000. Now, other than ordering direct from Seaskin, that doesn't really seem to exist -- most seem to be over $2,000.

A bit of a zombie thread, but interesting reading, nevertheless. I can't find my 1993 SP catalog, but my 1992 Catalog shows MSRP for Mk10/D350 ($449) + Console w/ SPG and 150' depth gauge ($190) was a total of $639.

An inflation calculator (e.g., CPI Inflation Calculator) shows that this is $1,430.72 in today's (Feb 2024) dollars!!

ETA: Don't forget to add in a large Classic Black Stab Jacket ($469), 3rd-gen AIR 2 ($199), Lightning Jet Fins ($83), and Deck Sole Boots ($55). Don't forget to inflation-adjust these prices, too!!

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom