Could The World's Worst Airport Be In Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc - no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig.... its still a pig.

Ditto. We went through March 12. Four plane loads of folks all crammed into the departure "lounge,"
and then all flights called to be boarded at once. It was laughably ridiculous. Since no one really knew what gate they were going to, everyone was spread out all over the room. It was really a cluster

And on departure, we had no one from CCV shepherding us through at all, not sure what that is about.

That's why they have this! This is really there
L0668251.JPG

I have been in worse airports. It is too small for the traffic it gets so people get pretty packed in. The airport at Grand Cayman is really not much better. It gets pretty crowded on the weekends. The airport at Cozumel is the same way. It is too small for the traffic it gets. I have been to Africa and I have been to airports that make Roatan's look state of the art.

So will all the Roatan "regulars" be going elsewhere in the future, to avoid the airport ?

To be honest if you want a good airport experience, you have to stay away from most of the good warm water dive sites.......with the possible exception of Cozumel.

Mmm... I don't remember Curacao, Bonaire, or for that matter 8-seater Cessna hop from Maui to Kona being that bad. Or PR though I'm not sure how much diving there is around PR...

Bad as it is I'll take it over DME any day,------ Sheremetyevo International Moscow Sucks!

DME is Domodedovo, the other airport in Moscow. Sheremetyevo is SVO.

Please tell me DME isn't that bad. I have a transfer there on my way to Bali.

It is not great. But I hate the airport at Providenciales (Turks and Caicos) more. I have not had such a bad experience at RTB so maybe I am due.

I'll find out next week. First time flying United. Delta was good but I have miles to redeem.
Agreed, I hated the airport in T&C.

And on departure, we had no one from CCV shepherding us through at all, not sure what that is about.

They already had your money.

The sad thing is that an airport can be extremely profitable. You have a captive a
This Roatan "regular" will continue going back...again and again.

Sigh. We all go back. It's just the way things work down there. It's just so frustrating and they charge you $39.00 to experience an exquisite bout of proctalgia fugax. I met an extremely nice guy at CCV named Harold. He spends alternating weeks at the resort for a total of 26 times a year at the airport. I can only imagine his pain.

DME is Domodedovo, the other airport in Moscow. Sheremetyevo is SVO.

Please tell me DME isn't that bad. I have a transfer there on my way to Bali.
It was DME that Singapore Air flew into...didn't like the experience at all. Good Luck hope you have a better experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom