Coz in Nov.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bill132

Reaction score
I'm heading to Cozumel the first week of Nov. This is my first trip, and was wondering what the water conditions are generally like. Temp etc., so I know which suit to bring.

Welcome to the Board. My wife and I will be going to Cozumel in the middle of November. We are scheduling two tank morning dives. I am planning on wearing my 3mm shortie. My wife is going to wear a 3mm full suit. From what I hear the water temp should be around 78 degrees. I guess the air temp will be low 80s? If you have the space you might want to bring a couple different suits so you can adjust as needed, especiallly if you plan on doing 3 tanks a day.

Texas Diver has it right. I did have one November trip canceled because the airline wasn't willing to fly into a Hurricane, believe or not. Another time had the port closed because a Hurricane supposed to come by and we were restricted to spending or dive money on Whiskey. Think about trip insurance for November. You know just in case!

mustfajohnson:
Texas Diver has it right. I did have one November trip canceled because the airline wasn't willing to fly into a Hurricane, believe or not. Another time had the port closed because a Hurricane supposed to come by and we were restricted to spending or dive money on Whiskey. Think about trip insurance for November. You know just in case!

Be that as it may, the odds of a hurricane hitting right when and where you are, when you are only there for a few days, even at the height of hurricane season (like now) are really pretty low. I believe that the port on Cozumel is closed because of tropical weather on the average only about 3 days a year, and I don't think it happens very often at all in November.

We were at PLG last Nov. and did a couple of dives in Cozumel. It did rain almost everyday but we had a great time. Water temp was in the high 70's, wife had a 3mil, myself just shorts and a t-shirt because they didn't have a suit to fit. Both of us were happy but it could of been different if we would of dived 3 or more days. I might of needed something more. We might head back this Nov. but we will have to see if there is any funds left after our Roatan trip in Oct.

Water temps in November are tpically in the 80 - 82 range.

We are at the end of hurricane season in November, so I do recommend trip insurance if it is available.

Last November, we lost 5 days in November due to "norte's"

In December we lost 11 days. Not all eleven days were total losses, but these were days the port was closed for small boats. Boats over 40' were able to go out on several of these days.

The weather is very unpredictable here, so plan your trip, get the trip insurance in case there is a hurricane (unlikely) predicted to hit us during your trip and have a good time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom