Coz residents. any word on Wilma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'm Christi's mom. Christi is okay and so are the people with her. She called about 10:30 am. She found a nice lady that had a phone that worked. She asked me to send you a note so you can post it that they are fine. They were literally "pounded for 60 hours" according to Christi, the only relief was 30-45 minutes while the eye passed over them. Wilma did tremendous damage to the island. Christi's house got some water, she was lucky because it is a foot to knee deep everywhere else.
She doesn't have any word on her boat yet, but 90% of the boats are underwater. She said they will need, food, water, batteries, etc whenever we can get things sent to them. She said she will come home soon as she can, but it could be several days I am sure or more before they will have a way to get off the island. I'll let you know more when I hear from her again. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers that helped them make it through this.

Charlotte

Thank God, and Thnk you to everyone for all the prayers and support. I know Christi feels all your love.

I am so glad that they are ok!!!!! What a relief!! We have been holding our collective breath for those 60 hours, and praying for their safety.
The damage sounds miserable, though.

Chuck, you're Quick Draw McGraw! Ya beat me to it!

I had no fears that they wouldn't make it through, her house is well built... it was the waiting for the confirmation that was killing me.

I'm going to assume that you will post this on the other boards too?

Jeff I posted this on Scuba Board and Tony's yabbase board along with this one. If you would post it everywhere you can All the world needs something postive out of that area and this wil help everyone.

Thanks

chuck86:
Jeff I posted this on Scuba Board and Tony's yabbase board along with this one. If you would post it everywhere you can All the world needs something postive out of that area and this wil help everyone.

Thanks

It sounds like diving with BlueXT and the Palace hotel, not to mention the island, will have a lot to contend with and a trip there in less than two weeks is not advisable. Is that accurate?

Not sure yet. I have a trip booked for Nov. 7th and if the flights are not cancelled I will be a mule for her for whatever she needs. Not going to worry about the diving, just getting her back up and running are more important right now.

chuck86:
Not sure yet. I have a trip booked for Nov. 7th and if the flights are not cancelled I will be a mule for her for whatever she needs. Not going to worry about the diving, just getting her back up and running are more important right now.

I thought she'd be heading to you in Houston?

Back
Top Bottom