Cozumel Aug, 2014 - My first experience with E-PM1 (flickr account pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

umbert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All pictures taken during Cozumel trip in August with E-PM1, Oly housing, most of them with 9-18mm and duals YS-01s + ZEN port.
Some post processing in Adobe Lightroom with ORF files.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53852541@N08/sets/72157646758780120/
I just switch from UW video to photo, so this was my first experience with dual strobes and mirrorles camera !
What do you guys think ? :)

P.S.
Of course I'm thinking about upgrading to a better Oly body :) E-M10 maybe...

You have some really good ones - Looks like Cenote pics in the beginning of the gallery. Pic _8233513 is good with the water surface. I also like the light shaft photos. It's one thing I am working on. I did notice on some of them that there is a bright spot on objects. I can't tell if this is someone else's light, your spotter light or you have both strobes focused on one spot. Do you use diffusers on your strobes?

I like _8203176 of the whale shark. I think the surface water adds to the photo and gives scale.

I notice that many of the fish shots on the reefs are shot from above and some overexposed. Try to get them at eye level or from below.

I usually take care of some white balance issues in post editing of the RAW pics.

Do you shoot in manual mode?

Are looking for general feedback (I like them) or technical feedback on the photos.

Thank you for your suggestions !
Almost all pictures were taken with diffusers on strobes (except whale sharks :) As far as manual mode question, I used A and S mostly. I did WB correction in Adobe too.
Will try to do better with fish portraits next time :)
Thank you all for looking !!!

Back
Top Bottom