Cozumel Dinner Meeting Friday - April 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
Added:

Don
Sally
Christi
Frances (Christi's friend)
Sue (Christi's friend)
DivingintheDark (Loretta)
Dolores (Loretta's Mom)
Matt (divematt)
Barb (divematt's SO)
Andy
Kate
Paul (one of my divers)
Katie (one of my divers)

Christy,

13 is an unlucky number, we need at least one more!!!!:05:

Just kidding, we'll see you in 4 days.:cheers:

Matt

party-smiley-017.gif

Only one more week for me...!!

I guess Matt is leaving tomorrow...?

This little dining gathering has turned into a larger, nice idea. Kudos for Christi for taking over head count and reservations, as well as giving us the heads up on the new name. :thumb:

Looking forward to meeting several SBers for the first time, seeing Christi again, and that great Cozumel dining away from the cruise barge piers. :biggrinba

food-smiley-015.gif

DandyDon:
I guess Matt is leaving tomorrow...?

This little dining gathering has turned into a larger, nice idea. Kudos for Christi for taking over head count and reservations, as well as giving us the heads up on the new name. :thumb:

Yes I'm leaving tomorrow and can't wait to get wet.

What did I miss on the heads up and new name????????:huh:

Matt

divematt:
Yes I'm leaving tomorrow and can't wait to get wet.

What did I miss on the heads up and new name????????:huh:

Matt
from Christi above...
By the way...to help with some confusion, they've now painted Parrilla(restaurant/grill) Mission on the building...so you can tell the taxi driver PARRILLA (Sally am I spelling that right?) You still may want to specify on 30th...because they may try to take you to Casa Mission which you do not want!

And if you can't make it Friday night - or even if you can, there's another dinner gathering: Meet for dinner Monday - 17th? see this thread! :D

I have the table reserved for 20 to 25 people under my name...but somehow I don't think you'll miss it :)

I don't have everyone's contact information, but most of us will be getting there around 7:30 vs. 7:00

If you're on the island, feel free to join us!

Christi:
There was a message left for you at Caribe Blu at 5:30pm and I posted this message...sorry Don, that was the best I could do, so sue me. I called everyone that was on the list.
I see - okay, thanks. Guess it didn´t make it to me. Caribe Blu is nice, but it ainçt the Hyatt.

As one of the latecomers - no one's fault that we misunderstood and went to the 'other' La Mission - we were a bit harried when we walked in at 8:30 instead of the previously agreed upon 7:30 - we got the message too (is this the tension you refer to? It was short-lived). I sat two seats away from Don who didn't speak one word to me or those around me while I was in the vicinity. As for the other guests - everyone was enjoying themselves and each other plenty. The food was great, the company was relaxed and social, and a good time was had by all. Sorry you didn't feel the same way.

Without pointing fingers at anyone, I will just make the point that flexibility is a positive attribute when on Cozumel (when anywhere, actually, but especially when one is on vacation). If things don't pan out exactly as expected, then roll with it and find another way to glean a positive experience from whatever is going on.

Years ago, my wife and I got into a stupid argument on the plane on the way to Cozumel, and it negatively affected our whole trip. I'm not going to embarass myself by telling what the issue was that started it but suffice to say it was trivial in the extreme. It was really stupid on both our parts to let it get to the "fighting about fighting" stage.

Now, we have our official "no fights" toast on the plane, and we consciously table any "dangerous" discussions until after we get home. Additionally (from another incident on the same trip), my wife is not allowed to consume tequila and caffeine together (her rule, not mine) while on vacation.

Island time is too dearly won to spoil it with negativity, and sometimes that means rolling with a punch or two for the sake of the bigger picture. A mantra that I read somewhere and use a lot is "I am going to have to get over this someday. Why not now?"

Peace,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom