Cozumel dive conditions in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only have a 3mm and my 7mm for diving locally. With the 3mm I have at times been a little cold after a few days, but generally it is perfect. I have seen a number of people diving in just bathing suits and tee shirts at that time, but that is not for me.

I would love to try a .5, with little or no weight. But we dive 12-16+ times in 6 days, so the heat loss adds up.

scubawife is right about the thimble jellies. I think we have had them every trip in April. I have surfaced right in the middle of them a few times, but have never had a problem. I wear a full suit, but no hood.

Also, on two trips we saw numerous spawning sponges. That may have been at Columbia Reef, but I would have to check my log. Cool to see, although the viz is affected.

The last minute of the safety stop release a good amount of air thru your octo then surface into the bubbles. The TJ's hate the bubbles and ride the wake the bubbles create leaving you a clear hole to surface into. Good way to exercise your octo also.

What at the conditions like in April. Anything special happen then?

I reported last April - May diving log in this thead.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/224307-scubaboarders-cozumel-may-16.html

And a lot of SBer answered water temp etc in this thread.Please check it out.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/229071-what-current-water-temp-cozumel.html

Last visit, I wear 3mm shorty , my wife 3mm full suite. IMO, Coz in April is sooooo nice to go, visibility is very very clear, nice current. I will visit Coz next April again.

okiraku@Singapore on my way to home from Maldive.

Back
Top Bottom