Cozumel Dive shop report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all make mistakes and misunderstandings happen.

Thanks for clarifying that they are still operating and dependable. :thumb:

Wow I cant believe all this attention on my second ever post on this message board.

This is NOT a false report. As mentioned earlier in this post I was told by Vanesa from Scuba Du to meet at Puerto de Abrigo, Entrada del Castillo at 8:15. I can tell you it cost me and my wife from the cruise ships pier to Puerto de Abrigo $8 for taxi and NO one showed up. Me and my wife sat in front of five Scuba Du boats for 2 hours waiting!

I saw and was seen by other diver operators getting into there boats offering me their business.

I spoke to and asked every other boat captain and port security officer when would Scuba Du show up and no one knew. Finally 2 hours later the glass boat captain that docks his boat in front of the five Scuba Du boats (who also was nice enough to let my wife use his bathroom) looked down at me and said " here comes Choco from Scuba Du." I had no idea who choco was but if he worked from Scuba Du great. When he walked up to me, he told me his name is Choco and he worked for Scuba Du, and plus he had a Scuba Du shirt on.

Choco had no idea that we had been waiting or that anyone had arangements that morning. He said the owner a week earlier ran off the island, closed shop and hadn't paid the employees and they hadn't taken any divers out since. These were his words not mine. I spoke to him for about 10 minutes. He also said Vanessa was in the office if I wanted to speak to her. Why would I question a person that I am being told works for Scuba Du by 2 other non-diving parties? Why would all 5 Scuba Du boats be sitting empty and not one reprsentative from scuba du be near them from 8:00-10am? I didnt understand it either because from what Ive read Scuba Du was a great business.

By this point Scuba Cozumel walked by and offered us to go diving with them in front of what I thought was a Scuba Du employee. I said okay and we had a great time.

I am not here to slander anyone, just to explain what happened to me and my wife. This was my first time to Cozumel and researched Scuba Du on the messages board and found them to be a good company. However there lack of unproffesionalism to leave two people at the CORRECT pier for 2 hours is crazy.

For those who care, We were actualy their on 12/19. I posted the wrong date on my original message.

Also if you still dont believe me, you may speak to Ariel at Scuba Cozumel the DM who took us diving and the Scuba Cozumel boat teams that dock at Puerto de Abrigo, or how about the driver from Scuba Cozumel that picked us up Puerto de Abrigo and drove us to their hotel. Or how about the 2 security guards at Puerto de Abrigo I spoke too or the glass bottom boat captian that alerted Choco of our presence.

If anyone can send this link to the owner of Scuba Du, please do. I would like to know how and why we got left for 2 hours.

Thanks,
Teo

Teog - thanks for your additional information. I think we can get to bottom of this tale soon enough, without any more hard feelings I hope. Your additional info, names and all will indeed help.

As it is a big holiday weekend may I suggest that we all cool it for now - and give the owner a few days to post his response to all this.

There is no doubt in my mind that you were harshly inconvenienced, and you certainly seem confident that you followed correct instructions. There seems to be a shunk in the woodpile, and we'll all be eager to see it flushed out. :thumb:

DandyDon-Thanks for you support. I didnt realize that this post would cause such hostility from some. You should see what some one called me via PM from this post:11doh:

If this is true:

teog:
I didnt understand it either because from what Ive read Scuba Du was a great business.

why would you write this:

teog:
I am so thankful that I had not paid this company any money. As I am sure they would have taken my money and never have been seen.lol

doesn't make sense....

I will be calling the owner, and reporting back on this thread....

...as to being a legitimate poster, I've been around the web boards for quite some years, and most people would disagree with you, I might be "new" to Scuba Board, but my posts are as legitimate as your or anyone's, and your comment further makes me suspicious of your story, and your true intentions....

teog:
I didnt realize that this post would cause such hostility from some.
Welcome to Scubaboard!!!

I'm not going to take sides on this one 'cause I don't have all the facts but I want to make you aware of something. Right after the hurricane many of the shops down there were back-stabbing each other and putting up posts that certain dive ops were out of business in order to drum up some revenue for themselves. It was quite a mess. Go back a few pages of posts, I'm sure that at least some of them are still there.

Some of these shops signed up new names (or had others do it) and would post misinformation. Pretty much all of these came from users with only 1,2 or 3 posts... see what I'm getting at? If you are legit, the fact that you only had a few posts sent up a red flag to some around here.

I was certified by Scuba Du a few years ago and can honestly say they are a class operation.

I appreciate those who are civilized and not resorting to name calling. I dont understand if you in dire striaghts from Wilma, why would you attack your only source of income? I dont know why Scuba Du left us abandoned, but I do know on that day after our dives we decided to return in March to spend 4-5 days diving and I do now know who I wont be spending my money with.

CozumelAnotonio-Please call the owner for I would like a reason and an apology for why I was left high and dry on his dock. I have sent two emails to Scuba Du, one 3 days before my trip and one on my return on Thursday and havent received a reply yet.

And here is a picture of me waiting at Puerto de Abrigo. Scuba Dus boats are to my left. You can barely see a boat to my left but its not Scuba Du's, it a para-sailing boat. However Scuba Du had 2 8 passenger boats and 3 8+ passenger boats right next to it. For a person making all this up its pretty amazing that I can make pictures of me at the correct dock.

Here is one more of the Mrs at the same dock we were never at for 2 hours.

I guess my pics were removed. I had them on another message board. If some could please host the pics I can email them to you for further verification.

Thanks,
Teo

Here is my PM to TEOG...:

HI,

I'm not sure if your report was a real one or if you are simply trying to defame Scuba-Du in some way. Regardless of your motive, I would be very careful about posting false reports about businesses being closed. Slander/libel/defamation is a federal offense in Mexico and it is taken very seriously...regardless of where you live.

From the humanitarian side of things, I found your post extremely heartless.

Our island endured a category five hurricane for 60 solid hours. We have all suffered property loss and financial setbacks as a result, but the resiliance and determination of this island is an example that the world should follow.

I hope that you never have to endure what we had to endure two months ago.

It does indeed look like you were in the correct place. I was only basing my assumption in your original post by your description...which sounded like the ferry pier. I do not understand why you would wait for two hours and why you did not take the opportunity to speak with Vanessa when given the chance. Rather than working this out with the dive shop, which was most likely a misunderstanding, you come to a message board with no profile and only three posts to your name, defaming Scuba-Du and posting hearsay. It is completely reasonable that your post would not be taken as a legitimate post based on your initial information, and even with your subsequent posts, which only seem to validate certain things.

I have in fact forwarded this thread to the owner of Scuba-Du, so perhaps he will respond with an explanation. I do not know Scuba-Du's policy, but perhaps since you did not give that company any deposit money is why you were left...in otherwords, perhaps your reservations were not actually confirmed. Again, I don't know what your agreement with them was, but I don't know any operators that do not require a deposit from cruise ship passengers.

I stand by my message to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom