Cozumel Palace??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPG

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cozumel Palace has any sort of beach to speak of? We are getting married in Coz in OCt of 06 and we need an all inclusive to stay at with about 40 of our friends and family. Many of them don't dive so something close to town and with things to do (including a swimable beach) is needed. I would rather not be looking out onto the cruise ships if possible too.
Thanks,
Joe

The Palace as all of the waterfront hotels took quiet a punch from Wilma...I don't think they had a beach before Wilma most of the hotels close to town had a sandy area but I wouldn't call them beaches....their website says that they will re-open in June of 06...

Stayed at the Palace this last September...great place! However, there are no beaches at the the hotel. They did have a "sandy" place, on the side away from the pool (until Wilma took it away), but access to the water required stepping down a ladder onto rocks. If you're going for the beaches, stay on the mainland. If you're there for the diving, you come to the right place.

Hope this helps.

You need to go south to get swimable beaches. Take a look at Occidental Grand. It is quite a trip to town, but an all around upscale place that is great for both divers and non-divers. They may be running town shuttles for guests also.

Thanks for the replies guys. The Ox Grand is too far from town we think and when we stayed there is wasn't running shuttles. The ladder down to the rocks isn't going to cut it for the guests. The beach situation that the Fiesta has would even be fine. We just need to be closer to town. We don't want to stay on the mainland because we want to get married on Coz. We'll have to keep serching. Anyone else with ideas let em rip.

JPG:
Thanks for the replies guys. The Ox Grand is too far from town we think and when we stayed there is wasn't running shuttles. The ladder down to the rocks isn't going to cut it for the guests. The beach situation that the Fiesta has would even be fine. We just need to be closer to town. We don't want to stay on the mainland because we want to get married on Coz. We'll have to keep serching. Anyone else with ideas let em rip.

Beach AND in town is an impossibility...there are no hotels downtown with beaches.

The hotels in the North Hotel Zone had some beautiful beaches and aren't as far as the southern hotels. They still require a taxi ride to town...but only about $5 or $6 vs. $12 to $20

Playa Azul hotel is a GREAT hotel and before the hurricane had one of the nicest natural beaches. The beaches are slowly coming back...so I think by october you should be fine.

Playa Azul is also a beautiful place to get married...contact Stephanie at Cozumel Wedding Planner www.cozumelweddingplanner.com She IS the wedding expert in Cozumel and also coordinates all weddings held at Playa Azul among many other hotels who contract her services...she's that good!

The only drawback to staying north is that the divers will have to taxi into town or to the marina to catch your dive boat...depending on who you are diving with. No one picks up at the north hotels except Pepe Scuba and Ocean Tours because they are located north.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Christi,

Now I don't have to search each hotel. We are using Stephanie (Due to one of yoru previous replies to our posts). The taxi into town for diving isn't great. We don't mind a cab ride up to $10 to get people to town. Do you think the Azul is nicer and better suited to our need than the Fiesta? Thanks for your help.
Joe and Kristin

Fiesta's beach may be a little disappointing. Whiile there are stairs and a gently sloping entry, it is rock and rocky rubble rather than sand. Foot protection is necessary. The water stays quite shallow for quite a ways from shore and, depending on the effects of Wilma, the shore dive and snorkel are OK. Emily worked it over pretty hard but it was OK. I have not seen it since Wilma. Assuming they will be rebuilt by then, El Presidente may be another good candidate for your gathering.

Back
Top Bottom