Cozumel Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I don't think I have posted any photos in a while. Links to galleries from last year and the first few from this year are below. Didn't take that many Cozumel photos in 2H22 because I was travelling elsewhere and my camera was getting serviced for a while.

Pelagic Ventures is my usual dive operator (macro critters almost always courtesy of DM Fernando's eyes). Camera for almost all of last year was Sony RX100VII with Nauticam housing and Sea&Sea YS-D3 strobes, Switched over to Sony A1 at very end of 2022 in Nauticam housing with Retra Strobes.

I kind of think I already posted a link to 1H22, 6 or 7 months ago, but in case you missed it:
[Cozumel 1 Half 2022 various dates - CozCharlie]

Second half 2022 photos:
[Cozumel 2nd Half 2022 - CozCharlie]

Start of first half 2023 photos. Mainly fooling with macro. Look at the banded coral shrimp eyes if you get a chance
[Cozumel 1H 2023 - CozCharlie]

Cheers,
CozCharlie

Spectacular photos
Thanks for posting

incredibly talented images!!! Thank you for sharing your images so I could enjoy a dive today through your eyes!!! Amazing macro finds all around. Appreciate you posting!

Stunning images! Crystal clear! I really enjoy seeing the intricate details of so many tiny creatures. Thank you for taking all the time & effort to assemble these albums & share them with all of us.

Added a few new photos to the 1H23 folder and there are a few images of something pretty hard to find. (Hint : If it looks like the main photo subject is a dark sponge —it’s not a sponge, look for the eye or foot).

I have basically given up on posting teaser photos on scubaboard —I can shrink a photo 90 percent and it is still too large. The algorithm used to compress it to whatever size scubaboard needed, but that hasn’t worked for months for me. I know photos burn space and space cost money , just wish the compression that used to work automatically in the background when I uploaded a photo would work again

Absolutely gorgeous photos!
Thanks, did you see the frog fish? I've been surprised no one commented on it. There are a few shots towards the end of 1H23. Looks like a dark sponge. Clearly they are always here, but not seen very often due to the excellent camouflage. I thought maybe I was being punk'd but the fish did move while I was taking photos.

Looking forward to my first trip to Cozumel this summer and photos like this make it hard to wait. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom