Cozumel Poll: 2 must do dive sites for boat charter!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagatorgal

Contributor
Reaction score
Have chartered a boat for the day and will be doing two dive sites of choice (weather permitting).

Need help determining the "perfect dives" for my newly certified kids (15 and 20 yrs). This will be their 11th and 12th open water dives respectively. They are very comfortable in the water and have their safety skills down. Want to find dive sites that will be relaxing and enjoyable for these two while still being interesting for us antique divers. Prefer lots of aquarium and color.

Palancar Caves, and Columbia reef are my two favorites. They tend to be on the deeper side, but the reefs start around 50'- 60' so if you don't want to go deep, you don't have to. There are some really nice swim-throughs at the Palancar Caves, and plenty of marine life at Columbia... They are near the southern end of the island.

Santa Rosa, incredible wall.

don O

Well, Flo and I just returned from Coz this past Sat. For new divers I suggest Delehia and Cedar Pass. Both are shallow reefs, 40-60 ft. You will find LOTS of marine life on these two sites. Honeycombed Cowfish, Nurse sharks, Green Moray, Trunkfish, 5 of the tiniest SeaHorses I have seen(guide had to put light on them for us to see), very large Groupers and much more. Vis was about 90+ and very little current. Deeper dives would call for Columbia and Palancar Caves. If you go to these sites, make sure you monitor your depth. You can slip alot deeper than planned if you are not careful. Enjoy and dive safe.

Scubagartogal:
that's a Hard one. And you'll understand when you get here!
All of them are good. And all that have posted behind me are pretty good!!!
But the best thing that you can do....is wait till that diving day and ask your dive master. You are going with a dive master right?
Ask him, it all depends the day you're diving.
Don't forget that Cozumel is always a drift dive, so dive with someone that knows Cozumel reef's.
Have fun!!!
:wink:

IMHO the sites to suite your need:

Need help determining the "perfect dives" for my newly certified kids (15 and 20 yrs). This will be their 11th and 12th open water dives respectively. They are very comfortable in the water and have their safety skills down. Want to find dive sites that will be relaxing and enjoyable for these two while still being interesting for us antique divers. Prefer lots of aquarium and color.

has to include Columbia Shallow for the second dive (especially for the aquarium & color) you can't beat it. Cedar Pass is another good one and both are great for the beginners i.e. not too deep and lots of life and color.

I hope you get this in time.

ScubaDuke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom