Cozumel with a toddler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michshlomo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been coming to Cozumel, statues at the Blue Angle and dives there for years.

This time we are coming with a 17 months old and his babysitter.
We are coming next week, going to dive 3 days and head back home.

Husband is worried that our toddler will be bored all day long with the babysitter. What worries him is that there is no safe sidewalk so she won't be able to take him for a walk in the stroller. And no kids club. Yes he can go in the pool but I'm not sure that there is shade.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you!

I thought there was a sidewalk down by blue Angel? (On the ocean side of the bike lane ). I have never walked through there , so the people who back stayed there (including you evidently) would know better. The fallback option would have babysitter hail a cab to town with stroller. Kind of a pain but doing it 2 days in your short trip might be doable. Obviously the square area near passenger ferry should be pedestrian friendly (though I can’t remember if cobblestones are stroller friendly ). I am guessing Blue Angel doesn’t have kiddie pool ?

The sidewalks heading south from blue angel are really nice. I brought my kids from 10 months on and they love it. I dove some but mostly made it about them. They are 10&7 now and have a deep love for the island. 10 year old wants to get certified this year.

The sidewalks heading south from blue angel are really nice. I brought my kids from 10 months on and they love it. I dove some but mostly made it about them. They are 10&7 now and have a deep love for the island. 10 year old wants to get certified this year.
Oh I love it! I hope that my son grows to love diving!

Thanks! I didn't remember that the sidewalk heading south is ok!
The sdewalks both directions from Blue Angel are OK, but going south is better. Going north you will soon encounter the breaks for the entrance to the marina and the cross street to the ferry pier, but going south there is just the walk along the seawall about a mile to La Ceiba before there are any breaks in the sidewalk, and it is in good condition.

The sdewalks both directions from Blue Angel are OK, but going south is better. Going north you will soon encounter the breaks for the entrance to the marina and the cross street to the ferry pier, but going south there is just the walk along the seawall about a mile to La Ceiba before there are any breaks in the sidewalk, and it is in good condition.
Thank you so much, that makes me feel so much better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom