CPR so you think you are doing it right !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in all honesty, this isn't to say doctors aren't competent. It's just that most RNs have been in more codes than the doctors. The good doctors ask the nurse's advice. The bad doctors botch things up by running blind..and then leave the nurses to fix up their screw-ups.

As first responders, we are usually the first to arrive on the scene in suspected hart attack cases in our community. Once we start CPR we are required to continue until paramedics relieve us of this duty. When they arive they usually hook up heart monitoring equipment first. We can then see how affective our CPR is. In most cases (about 99% of the time) the monitor shows blood flow and oxygneization even if the patient doesn't recover afterwards.

Just wondering what kind of magic machine the medics there are using that shows blood flow? Pulse Ox monitors don't work with anybody who is shunting as in a code.....
I find your 99% to be just a little optimistic. Have you ever felt for a pulse while doing compressions? It aint that easy. Listen to those who know and you will learn a lot.

I didn't know at the time that it was in use. I'll find another.

Back
Top Bottom