Crazy good viz at the oil rigs this weekend (w/video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

textilet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had a great day of diving with Power Scuba off of the Sea Bass this last Sunday. We dove the Olympic wreck, and the rigs Eureka and Ellen/Elly. The viz was epic, the fish were plentiful, and the sea lions were playful (and stinky). Also served as a perfect test session for a new camera rig. My brother posted a couple unedited clips online Here. Almost 2 hours of video to edit so these are just random snippets but you can see the conditions were...ideal:D

Too funny, but we did the same charter (Olympic, then two on the rigs) the weekend before on the Sea Bass (some video and photos from our trip are here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal-dir/342397-july-3rd-dir-charter-socal.html)

From your video, looks like you guys had the better vis (and I thought ours was decent; yours was epic!). :) Thanks for sharing!

Glad that Bill's trip turned out so well. We had pretty good vis at Catalina Sat and Sun... I could make out objects at 80-90 ft (but would estimate the real vis at 50-60).

My brother edited our video from this trip. The video is Here. Unfortunately Youtube randomly replaced the audio with some woman moaning various vowel sounds...good job on the video though Pete!

Use Vimeo. They won't mess with your audio.

Going to check out the video now.

Edit: Really nice video! HD looks fantastic. Even the New Age music works pretty well. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, you really did have great conditions. I especially enjoyed the Olympic....I thought that wreck was beautiful and full of so much life. Can't wait to go back....but in the meantime, I can watch it on the video :D

Wow, viz seemed to be around 60-70ft. Looked like a really cool dive...hopefully I do it at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom