Cree MC-E/P7 Goodman Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cree MC-E/P7 and SST50 goodman handles.

This was my second go round in fabbing the handles. I like the rounded handle on the SST better than the P7's squared on one side look. I welded each of the handle joints togather as well as the light platform. I riveted the tube onto the SST handle and it seems very secure, I'll prolly ad alittle epoxy to each side of it as well.

P7 is zip tied on. I have to find a pipe the correct size to make it easily removable.

130132807.jpg

130132809.jpg

SST 50 holder using 1.5 plumbing pipe.

130132810.jpg

130132812.jpg

Thanks!

Revision #2 for the Cree.......

I made this one for Kate's hand to fit into. The original one was modeled after my hand size and to large for Kates hand to really use effeciently. So I made a smaller one sized for her hand.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

The two different sizes for mens and womens hands.

medium.jpg

Is that aluminium? If so, how easy it is to bend? I don't have a welder so maybe I'll just use a nut and screw.

Yes it is. 3/4" aluminum strapping from lowes. It is pretty tough stuff and takes alittle muscle to bend. Aluminum pop rivets work well with it. I drilled/recessed the rivet head into the strap to give it a smooth surface on the parts that are facing the hands.

We dove them last week and they worked great!

Ows about this lot then?

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 198
Has anyone tried Oxycheq's Universal Light Sock?

1 triglide, 2 o rings, 1 spare length of bungie. works brilliantly with gloved hands,
I used large o rings to secure the torch but should be ok with tie wraps.
total cost..... nowt... had all the bits in my spares box.
If you want a shiney version you could use a stainless triglide and black bungie cord.
regards
chris

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 153
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom