Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was digging for stuff on the wreck of the 'City of Richmond'. I wasn't finding much til I saw a flash. When the dust settled I picked up the shiny thing and on closer inspection................ A gold tooth, with the roots still sticking out. It's very strange because nobody died on the ship when it went down. So where did it come from ?

I work with a company Dive Into You Imagination.com. We have a annual 4 day trip to the Channel Islands coming up on August 22nd with 4 spots still available! Anyways last year on the trip I went on a solo dive and came across an entire set of bones with everything but a skull! Because there was no skull I could not identify it. I brought up several bones and the captain finally identified it as one of the few sheep still on the island. It must have fallen off a very high cliff at the dive site and swam quite a ways out to sea and then drown. lol it was still creepy :) I still want to know what happened to the head??

I was diving in an area where some people get a bit freaked out because on occasion great whites come up or something. My buddy and I saw 5 or so dead bat rays with large chunks torn out of them or just torn up completely and crabs feeding on whats left. We looked at each other and decided, time to go!

Creepy... My husband and I were diving in Ft. Lauderdale and being dropped on a 75' reef. After being dropped, we noticed two sharks circling so we dropped as quickly as possible with these things following us all the way down. They circled us a couple of more times, and then just up and left. The creepy part was the dive flag and weight belt that we found on the reef....

While snorkeling in Acapulco, I came across a school of Diaper Fish... that's creepy!

I saw my reflection once:)

Last time I was diving at La Jolla Shores we saw some huge Sheepheads, all throughout the dive........oh wait, those are fish :D Haven't seen anything too creepy...a dead bat ray was about it.

This may have been mentioned, did not read every post, but a few years back 2 small planes crashed off the South Florida coast. I was on a dive a few months later where someone brought up a suitcase from one of the planes.

Not creepy; tragic. And sad. Summer, 1970: a thirteen-year-old girl.

Back
Top Bottom