Cressi Giotto Screen Protector Installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi. I just purchased a used Cressi Giotto with only five dives on it! There are only two things that make it not perfectly new: 1. The strap had been trimmed shorter, which isn't a problem as I have small wrists and 2. the screen protector only has three of the clips in place instead of all four.

How do I install the screen protector so that all four clips slot in properly, without breaking any of the clips? I can manage any three clips, but the fourth always feels like it's going to break if I apply too much vertical force.

Thanks!

Nevermind... I figured out a technique. First, slot three of the clips in, the two at the bottom by the buttons and one of the ones at the top. In order to get the fourth clip in, the screen protector needs to be flexed outward a bit, away from the face of the Giotto. Using a metal screw driver risks damaging the screen, breaking the screen protector and perhaps even scratching both. Instead, I stuck a plastic prying tool, normally used to pry electronics apart and slotted that into the gap at the top. The screen protector can be flexed slightly on top of the prying tool and the fourth clip slotted in.

cressiGiotto_screenInstall.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom