Cressi Rondine A VS. Mares Volo, Any Thoughts??

Fins?

• Cressi Rondine A

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Mares Volo

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't think of using another fin other than the Volo's. I dive dry and find them great for everything including current and wall dives. The Volo's do it all. The buckle system is the best, bar none. Awhile ago Mares improved the hinge. The Dacor Panther/Tiger, although look similar are stiffer. I bought them for my wife as a replacement for her much used Volo's (we both dive Volo's) and within 2 dives, Volo's were back on her feet.

I dive with the Cressi Rondine A find them to be very good. They don't stir up the bottom as much as other fins that I see people using. I get good thrust, speed, and efficiency, and no cramping. They are well made and look like they'll last a long time. I can't compare to the Volos as I haven't dived with them.

theskull - you said, "I adapted a pair of Manta spring straps to them." How did you do that?

decompression:
I wouldn't think of using another fin other than the Volo's. I dive dry and find them great for everything including current and wall dives. The Volo's do it all. The buckle system is the best, bar none. Awhile ago Mares improved the hinge. The Dacor Panther/Tiger, although look similar are stiffer. I bought them for my wife as a replacement for her much used Volo's (we both dive Volo's) and within 2 dives, Volo's were back on her feet.

My Dacor is the model which preceded the Panther, it just wasn't called the Panther then. It cost 50% the price of the Volos and I compared them to my son's Volos (one type on each foot and then reversed them) and quite honestly could not feel any difference whatsoever.
The buckles for both models come out of the same mould.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom