Cressi Sub Gara 3000 HF or Picasso Black Team fins???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pazzo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what are the major differences between these two fins, and which are preferred by the freediving community? (and why) :wink:

thanks

I've used them both and preferred the gara's... I think they have the best foot pocket material of any fin.. If I remember correctly (it's been awhile since I used the black teams) the black team fins are also a bit shorter. Similar blade material.. but the gara's seemed more composite and less hard plastic than the picassos.. .. .but, everyone has their opinions I guess.

*edit-- just did a search on the black teams and it seems that they have changed their foot pocket material and design.. so now I don't know about the comparison

I use the Gara 3000's and like them a lot. They are very popular. I actually had to mark mine because more than half the people I dive with use them. I think they are also quite a bit cheaper than the Picassos.

Many around here use the black teams. BBProdive sells them. One major difference is that the black teams have a foot pocket and separate blade while the Gara 3000 is one piece. You may want to search SpearBoard and DeeperBlue for some better comparisons. The foot pocket on the BT's tends to be a little wider though I can not get a pair large enough to fit my 12EEE feet with 4mm socks, so I have to go with a Spetton foot pocket. The Gara has a very comfortable foot pocket. The only way to compare is to find which foot pocket fits the best and which blade stiffness is correct for you. The BT's have the advantage of being able to upgrade the blades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom