crowded day offshore KEY LARGO, saturday 5/27/17, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we had great conditions up here in Broward this weekend also..but i don't have photos to prove it...so I'm enjoying yours...thanks for sharing.

As always, nice pics!

But why is there no spear protruding from the lion fish?

QUOTE="arew+4, post: 8000731, member: 484835"]As always, nice pics!

But why is there no spear protruding from the lion fish?[/QUOTE]

we were diving within the boundaries of FKNMS MOLASSES SPA(sanctuary preservation area) and don't have the necessary permit to collect lionfish,,,,,,no spearing allowed even for lionfish(permit or no permit) within the SPA and the KEY LARGO EXISITNG MANAGEMENT AREA,,,,,,,,,

Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Lionfish Removal Permits

reefman
key largo

Astounding shots as always, @timg! I do a bit of above-water photography and am trying to transfer some of those skills to underwater but it's a whole 'nother ballgame!

Also curious on your camera setup...

we had great conditions up here in Broward this weekend also..but i don't have photos to prove it...so I'm enjoying yours...thanks for sharing.
Thank you iamrushman.

Astounding shots as always, @timg! I do a bit of above-water photography and am trying to transfer some of those skills to underwater but it's a whole 'nother ballgame!

Also curious on your camera setup...
Thank you TulsaTime. Nikon D300 w/ 17-55mm lens and superdome port, Seacam housing with 2 Ikelite 160 strobes. What do you shoot topside?

What do you shoot topside?
I've got a Canon 5DIII and a few assorted lenses. I've also got a PowerShot G12 that I use as a [semi-covert] concert camera and that's what I bought an Ikelite housing and strobe for and am trying to get the hang of using underwater.

I'd love to get a housing for the 5D but I'm hesitant on (read: not able to talk my wife into :D) sinking that kind of money into it just yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom