Cruise + Cozumel = I wanna dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be in Cozumel Dec 1st on the Norwegian Sun. I'm looking (and e-mailing) a few dive ops there in hopes to get a two-tank dive in. Will anyone else be there that day? Maybe we could meet up and get a dive in together. Any residents there want to join?

As I stated, I've contacted a few dive ops in Cozumel to see what/if I can get into a dive. If anyone recommends one or is already booked through one on that date, I'd really like to meet you/all of you/whomever.

Michael

PS: (E-mail directly if you want or PM... I'll even be online during the cruise to keep tabs on ScubaBoard! Leaving out Sunday morning, so before then, I'll be regularly checking SB and e-mail.)

I decided to go with and booked through bluextseadiving.com. I've e-mailed Christi several times and each time she has answered all of my questions and gave advice on different things. Also, she mentioned having an AL100 which will help me alot as I do suck a lot of air. :)

So, if anyone will be in Cozumel on Dec 1st, meet me at BlueXTSeaDiving at 8:30 that morning.

Hope to meet someone there. (I'll be the big one-armed guy.)

Michael

Michael,

I died a Belize and Cozumel dive inlate Oct. I loved both of them. Go Dive Enjoy. It will make Alabama Blue Water seem real cloudy.

Frank,

Thanks, I'm soo excited. I just wish my dive buddy could be with me. :(

Thanks again.

Michael

I hope I do. I also hope I don't get to spoiled with the waters around Belize and Cozumel. Everyone says I'm going to be.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,
I did the Norwegian Sun cruise last year about six weeks after the hurricane. Did not get to dive Cozumel, excursion was cancelled due to the damage. However, I did book dives through Norwegian in both Roatan and Belieze. Both times, the dive ops they used were very good. I'm sure if they could have, they would have used good dive ops in Cozumel. I booked my dives through Norwegian even though more expensive, as if any problems occur, such as delaying your return to the ship, they do waite for all passengers that booked excursions through them, so they say. Not so, if you book on your own.
Have Fun

Turk9:
Hi,
I did the Norwegian Sun cruise last year about six weeks after the hurricane. Did not get to dive Cozumel, excursion was cancelled due to the damage...I'm sure if they could have, they would have used good dive ops in Cozumel.

FYI...that was a line of poo poo they gave you. 90% of the dive ops in Cozumel were ready and in fact taking divers out Thanksgiving week, which was a month after Wilma. You should have tried to book on your own, you would have had dive shops fighting for your business.

Ahh, all is well this far. We are on our first night at sea. We are in the middle, maybe passed already, storm. Boat is rocking a lot. Smaller ship than Conquest. Still at great time though.

I booked through Norwegian for Belize, but I'm booked through BlueXTSeaDiving in Cozumel. Christi has been so helpful in answering all my questions AFTER my first round of questions.Thanks again Christi, can't wait to meet your crew. (and get my shirt, is it free? ;P) (First one-arm diver or did I miss that? :p)

Off to the Newlywed show!

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom