Cruise Ship Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be sure to post your experience we will be there in December leaving out of Ft Lauderdale on Dec 4
David Pressler

---------- Post added October 24th, 2014 at 07:39 AM ----------

http://youtu.be/lIltJzmYgKM

Millie and I took the Majesty of the Seas out of Miami leaving Friday 5 PM rtn Monday 7 AM with stops at Coco Cay and Nassau. The twin sisters wreck was great

Watch all the phodeos from this 3 day cruise on my channel

So it sounds like there's quite a few of us who enjoy diving while cruising. It would be fun to arrange a "dive cruise". I have a connection with Royal Caribbean and if we got enough people we could probably arrange something.

lots of details to work out, but - any interest?

I just went on the same cruise and unfortunately got greeted by high winds at Coco Cay Island so we couldn't even stop there, which was no big deal at the time. Then with my luck at Nassau, that dive got cancelled too cause there wasn't enough people that signed up for diving. The main reason I went on this cruise was to go diving and got I left high and dry. Keep this in mind for those planning a cruise in winter time as this is when the wind really starts to kick up, and for me it pretty much ruined the whole cruise.

That sucks...

That's one nice thing about getting a group together - we wouldn't have to worry about dives getting cancelled due to lack of divers!

We had 2 good dives with Dive House last week cruising on Caribbean Princess to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We also did a shore dive at Sunset House on Grand Cayman. Our onboard credit paid for the Cozumel boat trip. I am hoping that Dive House services Carnival as well as both are owned by Carnival Corp.

So it sounds like there's quite a few of us who enjoy diving while cruising. It would be fun to arrange a "dive cruise". I have a connection with Royal Caribbean and if we got enough people we could probably arrange something.

lots of details to work out, but - any interest?

While I have been pretty successful diving from cruises I would not want to take a cruise with that as the main goal.
The dives are usually not the best dives around even when booking outside the ship.
I got a couple of nice shots while diving off of a cruise in St. Thomas with Blue Island Divers who picked us up from the cruise dock.

IMG_5174.jpgIMG_5178.jpg
IMG_5179_small.jpgIMG_5181_small.jpg

it pretty much ruined the whole cruise.

Sorry your trip was ruined, that stinks!

My family is recently certified for Open Water and Nixtrox and have successfully completed 12 dives. We are taking my "in-laws" on a cruise between Christmas and New Years with a stop in Key West. I would love to get a 2 tank dive in there, but our ship docks at 8am. My wife is insistent that we won't be allowed off the ship in time to reach a 9am departure. I've contacted a couple of dive shops from the internet and was told that a private charter was my best option. But with rental and fees, that works out to almost $400 per person. My wife is suggesting that we simply take the Snuba excursion offered by Celebrity. I'm not really happy with that. I've seen wet sand before.

Does anyone have any experience with taking a group dive from a cruise ship that docks at 8am? Any tips or suggestions?

My family is recently certified for Open Water and Nixtrox and have successfully completed 12 dives. We are taking my "in-laws" on a cruise between Christmas and New Years with a stop in Key West. I would love to get a 2 tank dive in there, but our ship docks at 8am. My wife is insistent that we won't be allowed off the ship in time to reach a 9am departure. I've contacted a couple of dive shops from the internet and was told that a private charter was my best option. But with rental and fees, that works out to almost $400 per person. My wife is suggesting that we simply take the Snuba excursion offered by Celebrity. I'm not really happy with that. I've seen wet sand before.

Does anyone have any experience with taking a group dive from a cruise ship that docks at 8am? Any tips or suggestions?

What time does the ship depart Key West? You will need 4-5 hours for a 2 tank boat trip.

We frequently cruise with friends and I usually dive. Its not the best, but it beats wandering around some straw market looking at crap made in China.

I'll be on the emerald princess the week of December 7th to roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Only diver in our group. Anyone planning the same cruise and interested in a roatan or Cozumel dive?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom