Cruise Ship Diving in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We're on a cruise this January which stops in Roatan and I'm trying to find a suggestion for setting up a two tank dive while we're in port. The ship offers excursions, but they usually overpriced and ideally I'd like to find an independent shop/resort to take us out for the day. Any suggestions/reccomendations?

I would just go to CocoView for the entire day and shore dive. You could do two or three nice dives on the Prince ALbert wreck and hit Nueman's and CocoView Wall's as well. Those sites are as good as any I dove all week there. Have fun!

scubadobadoo:
I would just go to CocoView for the entire day and shore dive. You could do two or three nice dives on the Prince ALbert wreck and hit Nueman's and CocoView Wall's as well. Those sites are as good as any I dove all week there. Have fun!

If they try CoCoView- they may just let that big old floating hotel sail away without them. People have been known to quit cruise ships forwever after their day at CCV !

For the diver who is ready to dive, I also would suggest Subway. It is easily the best day-dive op on the island.

If you want to do the easy breezy cruise ship deal, go along with the others to Anthony's Key.

Hi Booth 22. We went on the windsurf cruise line which stopped in Roatan. There is a dive operation that has a shark feed with reef sharks. It was set up thru Windsurf and I don't recall the name of the outfit. 2 Italian DM's led the dive. It was on the other side of the Island and was almost called of due to the current. My wife was the only woman able to fight the current and get down. It was about 60-70 fsw to the sand. A small 8' high reef is at your back that has a huge green Moray in it. They bring a 5 gallon bucket of fish which they dropped 3' in front of me. About 15-20 sharks showed up 5'-10' in length. They don't feed them until the end of the dive. You get to swim out from the reef among the sharks until they feed them. It was the best shark feed I've been on as the sharks are literally swimming inches from you at times. Just a thought for you.

I've been on the dive described by Divekraz. It was truly an awesome experience and well worth every penny. If given the chance, I'll do it again and again.

Back
Top Bottom