Cruise ships in Bonaire- July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuddlefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
From what I can tell, there aren't any cruise ships in port in July 2015 (until 7/30). Can anyone confirm? I'd like to avoid if possible.

From what I can tell, there aren't any cruise ships in port in July 2015 (until 7/30). Can anyone confirm? I'd like to avoid if possible.

It doesn't really make any difference. Just avoid downtown during the day. You'll never know they're there.

Bonaire's cruise season typically only runs from November through April. The July 30th cruise on the schedule is an exception. The Dawn Princess, based in Australia, will be on a unique 49 day cruise from London to Sydney via the Panama Canal.

There is a cruise ship related diving restriction: if you are at the divi, then you must head south if doing a dock dive. No biggie.

If it helps you feel better, there was a cruise ship in port almost every day during our two week stay in February, and we hardly noticed any problems. At most, the "Shopping Street" was a tad busier, but other than that we very easily avoided the cruisers.

Best Wishes for a most wonderful trip !
SS

I agree with Sue Sue and was just about to post the same. We found Eden Beach to be very busy while there was a big cruise ship in - so if you're using Wannadive you would want to make sure everything is confirmed with them if you need to do your checkouts that day - but otherwise you don't really notice the tourists. We saw a bus load show up at salt pier, file off and take photos then hop right back on to continue their trip. Make sure a cruise ship day is a dive day and you will be good to go!

The only difference for us if a cruise ship was in was shore diving Divi. Even going south, there was noise and vibration underwater.

Cruise ships at Bonaire and Grand Turk were inevitable. Unfortunately you cant stop "progress" even if that "progress" is a cruise holiday for newlyweds, overfeds and nearly deads.

We did not notice any noise while the cruise ships were docked.

We did once have a cruise ship leave port while we were under and the noise and vibrations were almost unbearable. I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure the ship was not going to run over me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom