Cruisers robbed on Carnival sponsored Puerto Vallarta tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had a break-in in 30+ years since I moved back to the farm, and most of those I didn't have a lock. :idk:

:laughing: I'd be glad the pod people buses stopped coming too.

I haven't had a break-in in 30+ years since I moved back to the farm, and most of those I didn't have a lock. :idk:

Being in the farm country over there, im sure Dandy Don you probably have the best security system around, a Smith and Wesson and a dog. with those two , you don't need any locks.:rofl3:

and just to let you know, as i have found out, the second robbery which was just my camera a few days ago, turns out the robber is a Canadian. he has been living here in El Nogalito since this past Sept, he is out of money and is going around to his neighbors houses , stealing small items.

I always figured living in a tourist town was to have some risks, so many people coming from all parts of the world, even bad elements travel around. But, I have felt safer here than most tourists towns I have been to, for example, I feel safer here in Puerto Vallarta then by the great barrier reef in Cairns , Australia. ... just sayin that is my oppinion.

Leslie:

Most people in the US are concerned about what is going on in Mexico right now. Since you live in PV, you probably have the "scoop" on what really happened in your town, and the global situation concerning violence as a whole. What do you really know/think?

Thanks-DB

Leslie:

Most people in the US are concerned about what is going on in Mexico right now. Since you live in PV, you probably have the "scoop" on what really happened in your town, and the global situation concerning violence as a whole. What do you really know/think?

Thanks-DB

I think that everywhere in the world is getting more dangerous to live. I also at one time was working on a private yacht sailing around the south pacific, and the thing that scared me the most was the modern day pirates of the sea. I grew up on the south side of chicago, and when I went back to visit 20 years later it was certainly not the way it use to be. Im more afraid of going to the store at night in my old south side chicago neighborhood, then here in pv where I live now. It didnt use to be that way, but everything changes. When small towns get bigger, crime goes up on all levels. As For me, I dont live in fear, I believe in karma and I feel blessed everyday that im alive. And as it turns out, the less I have the happier I am. (except for my camera, im really going to miss that.)

I have pretty much the same comfort level with the PV area as Leslie. I have a vacation home on the bay just north of PV and I feel as safe and comfortable there as I do in my small city in Canada, sometimes even more. My wife and I are comfortable walking wherever we need to...sure there are some areas I wouldn't venture late at night, but find me a city in NA in which that's not the case. We've driven into the mountains, stopped for tacos in towns at the end of dirt roads, taken water taxis to towns accessible only by water and enjoyed lunch and/or a beer with locals in their homes. No issues so far. We've owned our house there for seven years and have never had a break in or anything stolen even though it's unoccupied for half the year. Like Leslie, we've chosen not to live our lives in fear of what the media is telling us to be afraid of.

The only thing I don't like is that I don't get to be there all year round. :depressed: and the viz kind of sucks too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom