Curacao anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polyester1970

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to go to Curacao in the next couple months wanted to see if any Sb'ers were planning on going and would like to do some shore dives. I haven't bought tickets yet, but was hoping to buy something before the Curacao Now deal expires (3/15).

I havent' confirmed yet, but I'm contemplating going from 6/26 or 6/28 to 7/5. I should decide this weekend.

better hurry, the deal ends soon, we are going down over labor day. you have to book your hotel and air threw a travel rep in order to save the money. and according to the curacao tourism you have to be off island before july5. or wait till the fall to take your trip.

I saw a question about Curacao around the 4th of July time frame, so I've posted a link to our 2009 Curacao trip report here for you.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/303421-june-20-july-4-2009-curacao-trip-report.html

We're returning to Curacao Sep. 4 - 18, 2010 with the 2010 Curacao NOW program incentive, this time staying all 2 weeks at All West - but not because of any negative issues with Sun Reef Village. The main issue is the three car rental companies (Buget, Hertz, and Thrifty) participating in the 2010 Curacaow NOW promotion are being very difficult for the travel agents to deal with, and the 2010 Curacao NOW promotion requires booking through a travel service. So, our rental truck for our 2010 trip is reserved via All West instead of one of the Hetz franchisee on Curacao.

FYI, I've seen a whole lot of posts here recently about 'rate jacking' for the 2009 and 2010 Curacao NOW promotions. I can tell you first-hand we saw no such 'rate jacking' at Sun Reef Village nor All West last year, nor this year. My best guess is the folks posting about 'rate jacking' are only looking at the larger accomodations properties and not the nice, intimate, smaller family-run properties like we enjoy. I'll let everyone know up front we didn't look at larger properties on any of our 3 trips to Curacao thus far since those spots just aren't what we look to book for our trips and so I can't comment on the pricing structures for those spots.

We will be there June 11 through June 27.

We did not use the Curacao Now promotion, I booked the trip just before the promotion came out. I like to have my trips planned and done early. LOL!!

We will be staying at Lodge Kura Hulanda and diving mornings with Brian and Andreas at Ocean Encounters West and dining with Sunshine and David on the weekends. (Poor couple.)

Some traveling for some shore dives in the afternoon, but we do love the house reef there. Excellant!!

Last edited:
Sunshine:

As you will remember, we travel with two John D's, the older version and the younger version.

That island is barely large enough to handle the two of us, much less adding another.

We challenge him to Polar's at forty paces.

Or is it forty Polar's at a pace?

I get confused.

Count me in Polyester. We're there June 26-July 3 staying at Breezs. I'm ready to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom