Curacao Dive Resort Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, new to the forum, was looking for some travel suggestions. I had stayed at Sunset Resort in Curacao a few years ago and really enjoyed it. However, they are now closed. I usually dive with my dad and we tend to like the smaller hotel/resort operations. Valet style dive shops are a help because my dad is getting older. So, has anyone out there recently stayed/dove Curacao? I'm looking to travel Feb/Mar 2014.

Stayed and dove with Atlantis. They're not a hotel but rather guest apartments. I also wouldn't call their dive op valet style, as they prefer people to handle their own gear, even though I'm sure they'll help out if asked to.

About the only "dive resort" left is Lions Dive. They're about 50 yds. away from the main Ocean Encounters shop east of Willemstad. Curacao Hotel - Lions Dive & Beach Resort for an unique Caribbean experience?

All West Apartments in Westpunt is a smaller property with Go West Diving on-site but there's a lot of stairs down to the beach since you mentioned your dad is older. No on-site food either. It's quiet out there also. I believe you can also drive down to the dock nearby.

Most other places with on-site operators generally are 200+ rooms resorts (Marriott Emerald Bay, Blue Bay, Santa Barbara, Sunscape AI, Holiday Beach or the Hilton) Don't know if that's what you want. If so, the Marriott would be my choice.

Diveversity just opened at Coral Estates - the ex-Habitat Curacao location. If you google translate a couple of their webpages, one indicates someone is currently re-furbishing the resort - but no timeframe listed for completion. http://www.diveversity.com/en/dive-curacao/ That was like Sunset Waters - resort on the hill, dive shop below and villas above. Coral Estates also rents villas weekly - I've seen several on vrbo.com.

We stayed at Royal Seaquarium and there was a large dive outfit right at the base of the driveway. Nice resort on it's own little island shared with the Seaquarium, which my daughter ADORED. Her favot\rite tri ever. She did Bubblemaker in the dolphin enclosure at 7 and will be a lifelong diver. At the west end of the isand near Watamula is Kura Hulanda Lodge. Remote from everything else, but close to some of the island's best diving. Enjoy!

Hey BaltoDiver!! Check out the WEST of Curacao!!

Here are a few options to consider!
Kura Hulanda Lodge
All West Apartments
Marazul Dive Resort

Of course there are many awesome sites to dive on the WEST too... Alice in Wonderland, Watamula, Rediho, Mushroom Forest, The Blue Room, Makos Mountain, etc... and these are just the some to consider!! Plus check out SOL Food, Landhuis Misje, Landhuis Daniel, etc... for awesome dinner experiences!!

More than happy to assist you with planning, just email me directly!!

See you soon on Curacao!!

Back
Top Bottom