Curacao - first timer 4 day trip suggestions/assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also a fan of Go West. Their crew & boats are great. And their house reef was full of very diverse life.

Do eat at Sol Food. Sunshine is the owner and a Scubaboarders too. Great foof, fun atmosphere, friendly hostess.

Tell Sunshine I said hello. :wavey:

0f1013625881e0fcefeb0139a7a5c3ce.jpg

I am planning a trip for March 7 - 10th, 2015 with my son. We have reserved a studio apartment at Marazul (All West Apartments has 4 night minimum so we could not stay there). We are renting a car from D&D. We are looking to do 2 tank boat dives on Sunday, 3/8 and Monday 3/9. Both of us are relatively new divers with only 10 dives each. I am thinking of using Go West Diving for the boat dives. Also considering doing an afternoon shore dive on Sunday if we have time. What do you think about Go West diving? Do we need to make reservations ahead of time? Any other dive shop suggestions? Marazul Dive Resorts offered to make our diving arrangements but they use Discover Diving and I can't find much info about them. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks Eric​

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

Follow -up question for the group. My 19 year old son and I are novice divers with about 10 dives each. We are open water certified. Should we use this trip to get our advanced open water certification instead of doing 2 days of 2 tank dives. I would welcome opinions. Thanks again. Eric

Hi Eric,

I work for Go West Diving, and you and your son will definitely be more than welcome to dive with us in March next year!

Thank you to everyone who already provided information, also for recommending our operation to our fellow SB member.

I would like to add some advice for the boat dives you are planning:

1. Check our boat schedule online before making your booking - we are in the
process of changing the dive sites we go to on specific days of the week
GO WEST Diving - EN - Boat schedule - GO WEST Diving Curacao.

2. I would definitely recommend making your reservations ahead to make sure we
have availability for the boat trips you want to join, especially because you only
have a few days on Curacao. Send us an email to info@gowestdiving.com to check
your diving dates at least 2 weeks ahead, please.

3. Please be aware of our Dive Safety Rules
GO WEST Diving - EN - Dive Safety Information - GO WEST Diving Curacao,
especially our welcome dive policy, when planning your dive days.

For any other questions, please never hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards, and safe diving,

Andreas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom