Curacao in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSUscubagirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know the water temp. in Curacao in December? We are trying to figure out which wet suit we'll need. Thanks.

i've read they range from 78-82 in december. Expect to find out firsthand in less than a month.YEA!
:wave-smil:

Does anyone know the water temp. in Curacao in December? We are trying to figure out which wet suit we'll need. Thanks.
Water temperature is a relatively constant 80 degrees (give or take 2 degrees). For top-side weather you can check out Yahoo: Curacao Island Weather Forecasts on Yahoo! Weather.
Most people that dive Curacao either use a short wet suit or no wet suit at all (the last is not recommended for long or deep dives). I've never seen anyone with a long wet suit or cap.

It was 84 yesterday and, according to my dive computer, unchanged for the last two months. I'd be hard pressed to believe it's going to drop more than a degree or two over the month of November.

For the record, I just downloaded this weekend's dives from my dive computer to my PC. Since mid-September, the recorded low temp for all my dives has ranged from 83.1F to 83.9F (the low numbers were right after an unnamed storm). Sunday's three dives all were 70 feet or less and all recorded a low temp of 83.9F.

FWIW, Sunday I did Tugboat and didn't notice I'd left my shortie in the truck until the boat was under way. I dived without it and, my fears to the contrary notwithstanding, didn't much miss it.

EDIT:
Sorry, not that it matters but that was Sunday week ago I did Tugboat.

I just downloaded this weekend's dive data. My recorded low temp was 83.1F, and on a night dive. The last time I recorded a temp that low was 22 September.

Hi folks,

82 degrees is a pretty good temperature to assume for December - niiiiiiice! It's been particularly warm so far this year, 84 degrees for the last few months.

Most of our divers are heading out in skins, 2mm shorties or just board shorts and a smile.

Have fun on your Curacao trip :eek:)

Regards
Suzy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom