Custom Wetsuit vs Off the Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

off the rack.....I have a hyperstretch trilastic 7-5-3 onepiece and I love it. So far the coldest I've gone with it was about 40 degrees and I was fine. BUUUUUT...I do have a buddy who lives on the beach with a hot tub in his backyard....so just before leaving for the dive I unzipped and slipped into the tub. Let that sucker soak up all that hot water and then headed out for the dive. Nice and toasty...

Everyone,

Thank you for your input. Insulation is certainly a consideration. My Wife gets cold in a full 3MM in 80 degree water. Based on what I'm hearing, I think for her we will need to go with either a stretchy 5/4MM or custom 3MM. Bottom line, she needs something that fits well and keeps her warm !!

As for me personally, I think I'm leaning towards a stretchy 3MM. I tend not to get cold but am looking forward to something that is a little more flexible and comfortable. One more question, I've been reading a lot about Pinnacle suits. Does anyone have one and what do you think ??? They are a little pricey so I'd like to see if they are worth it !!! Thanks again.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom