Dacor Nautica WD BCD with Weight Intergreation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paramedic

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing some new equipment very shortly.. And i have been looking at this product.. with its features and cost it seems pretty good...

any body using it??

Any feed back?\\

STeve

If this is last year's model, it better be super cheap to be worth buying.

l did two dives with it last summer. Here is the scoop...
1. It could use more padding.
2. It could use a chest strap to make it feel more stable.
3. The inflator/deflator bottons are poorly designed and made, upgrading to an alternate air source like Air 2 is absolutely necessary.
Overall, it is not a bad entery level BC. However, I think you can get something better if you shop around. Check out Leisurepro, they have a great selection and awsome prices. See if your LDS could come close.

:drown:

I think it might be last years model and as for Leisure Pro. That is where i saw it.. for $184.95USD

Any other suggestions around same dollar value that has weight
intergreation???

Leisurepro has a few nice BC's at great prices that I suggest...
1. Mares Syncro Power Tech (if you could get the right size)
2. Tusa Platina Evolution, this is a real nice BC
3. Beuchat Masterlift
these are all under $250, you can also shop around for IDI Nekton or Paragon, I haven't dove with these, but they are supposed to be excellent BC's for the price. Good Luck.

All above mentioned BC's are crap... You get what you pay for buddy.... Stay away from Dacor, Mares, and Tusa BC'S... Pay a little more money and get yourself a quality BCD like a SEAQUEST...

GOod Luck.

SEAQUEST BLACK DIAMOND is an exceptional. It will only set you back by about $500. I hear that Bentley makes fine cars..., I also know a few people that manage to get by with their Toyota's, Saturn's, Honda's, Jeep's, VW's,...

:)

I've used the Dacor Nautica WD. It was not a terrible BC, but it wasn't a great BC either. I used this BC to get through my OW and AOW certification, then I got rid of it on eBay and upgraded to a SeaQuest ProQD+ and never looked back. The Nautica would probably be OK for shallow tropical water diving, but I felt it was not comfortable or rugged enough to handle diving in the temperate waters of SoCal.

nk5 mentions the TUSA Platina Evolution. Although I dislike most of the gear that TUSA makes, he was correct when he said the Platina Evolution was a "real nice BC." It is ... especially considering the discounted prices they are currently on sale for. But, the TUSA brand (like Dacor) tends to have a "sissy diver" stigma attached to it, in the United States. I will have to agree with LUBOLD8431 regarding nk5's other 2 recommendations.

My real recommendation would be to bite the bullet, and shell out a few extra bucks initially and get a good BC to start, to avoid having to upgrade it after a few months (like I did). SeaQuest makes great jacket-type BC's, Zeagle makes great back-inflation BC's.

Paramedic....you're asking a question that, really, only you can answer...Dacor makes decent quality items, as does Mares, Zeagle, Seaquest, and on and on...if you like it, and it works for you then buy it...I've owned the nautica wd and liked it...I bought a Rig Pro...and I like it...I just today received (ebay) a new Mares Vector...I'm going to try to dive it this weekend...but my point is...everyone has different opinions...so only you can decide...I am not concerned about what anyone says re: my setups...I've learned alot and gotten some good ideas from this board..but!!!there is not a right or wrong when it comes to personal preference...
Just tonight I bungeed up my back up reg...why, because It makes sense...I've used a spare air (worked great for me) now I don't. used an air 2, now I don't... but not because I care what others think...btw...I was using PINK gloves up until I got a good deal on some black ones...
just my .03 worth.
Bobb

got rid of it (disposed, not sold) for two safety reasons.

1. The velcro secured weight pockets kept coming out underwater - not cool or safe.

2. The inflator/deflator stuck open (fortunately a quarry dive and I could swim around with my thumb over the exhaust). This item has apparently been addressed, according to a local dealer, by factory replacements.

I also didn't like the pinching on the surface.

Diving Zeagle now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom