Dacor Viper Metal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night I did a pool dive with the Fury and Viper.

I had absolutely no problem with the Fury.

The Viper (in this case being used as a safety 2nd)does have a first breath wet breath, if you don't purge for more then 1 second. After the first breath, no more water.

As for the side vent, the only bubble interference I had, was on a hug "emergency type" exhalation situation.
My dive buddy (my husband) and I were doing some out-of-air simulations in the pool. When I used the Viper (side-vent) and took a large gulp of air, the large exhalation did put some bubbles in my left eye field-of-vision. When I took my second breath, and in this case, a more natural relaxed breath, the bubbles stayed out of my field of vision.

Other information:
The Fury is not meant for breathing upside down. My husband and I both did slow somersaults and rolls with it, and found that we got a slight wet breath but otherwise, nothing to be nervous about.

The Viper (side vent) is "rated" for upside down breathing. No wet breath when we did rolls and somersaults.

Hope this is useful. --Starfish

Hello, I am a new subscriber. I recently took my new Viper Metal down to 91 feet and tried to make it breath wet, couldn't do it. I tried up side down and all sides. It breathes very naturally at all depths Ive taken it to.
My 2 cents...:mean:

Back
Top Bottom