Dahab technical training recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
seriously considering going to Dahab in the next few months for GUE fundies and more importantly OC trimix, and I’m looking for recommendations on which dive operations have reputable training.

Also, I learned that IANTD has a normoxic “plus” certification that allows trimix down to ~225 feet rather than 200ish like TDI and PADI <- is greatly prefer this course since that is my max range for here back home on northeast coast IS. Therefore, any recommendations for IANTD tec trainers are extra appreciated :)

@ScubaSamScubaStevesFather This is one of the very few dive centers that specialize in technical diving with excellent reputation there: Scuba Seekers Dahab – Your adventure starts here

The owner and head instructor is a very reputable instructor, TDI and GUE. If I were to take technical diving training in Egypt, Scuba Seekers will be the only one I'd consider there.

I am sending you a PM with more information.

looks like Circle Divers doesnt offer any tech training

The really obvious choice would be Sameh Sokar at Scuba Seekers.
If you want to do GUE and learn with one of Dahab’s best then it’s a no brainer!

The really obvious choice would be Sameh Sokar at Scuba Seekers.
If you want to do GUE and learn with one of Dahab’s best then it’s a no brainer!
Yea def gonna go to him for fundies if it’s available. I’m really interested in IANTD normoxic+ so looking for that as well from a different instructor since he only does TDI <- it’s the perfect range for what I want to do OC

I can also recommend Scuba Seekers, I ended up with them after some other dive center just ignored my confirmed booking and had no space for me (and Andy Suss was very arrogant with me). I would have never booked with a GUE facility because of their rigid and narrow minded reputation but I was really impressed how hard they tried to make diving enjoyable for me. Finally I spent 6 days diving with them.

And as a bonus I learnt a lot about CCR diving. THANKS, Sameh, Ahmed and others!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom