Dampier - Red Dog Country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's where I've seen sharks more than once - doesn't mean you will.

Maui area:
Reef sharks off Sharkfin (dive site name) off the west side of Lanai. Out around the outside of the pinnacle in slightly deeper water. There's a lot of schooling fish there and I've seen sharks patrolling the edges during the day.

White tips resting off Molokini Crater in about 60' of water in the sand flats going back towards Maui. There's also a pretty good chance of seeing them on the Molokini Backwall dives.I've not done that. Shark Condos is a deeper site off the tip of the crater also.

I have not done this but another option: Hammerhead Diving | Maui Advanced Diving
There's an outside chance to see Tigers off Olawalu but I didn't. Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Olowalu of Maui, Hawaiian Islands

I've heard - but have no experience with - that the fish farm nets off Oahu are patrolled by more aggressive oceanic sharks.
I don't know how you'd dive them or if it's allowed.

Last edited:
That's BRILLIANT Steve - thank you for that. I'd tried various Google searches and couldn't really find much at all! At least I now have a good starting point.

Thanks again,
Trish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom