Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiwidives

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My boyfriend and I will be in WA in late April of this year. We are PADI AOW + Nitrox certified, with about 150 dives. It will be our first time diving in Australia, with previous experience in Latin and South America (pacific and caribbean), Red Sea, SE Asia, and North America.

We are considering making a long road trip from Perth to Exmouth/Coral Bay area.

Apart from Navy Pier does anyone have any advice for the must dives along the way? With limited time what are the highlights? How would you compare the diving in Murion islands vs Coral Bay? How about the diving in Shark Bay? Any recommendations would be much appreciated! We would love to maximize dives for $/time along the way from Perth to Exmouth if possible

Thanks in advance,

Kiwi :)

Hi I spend a lot of time in Coral Bay and love it but in my opinion the diving is not that special. You would be much better off diving Exmouth/Murions. Keep in mind it is extremely busy that time of the year and accomadation can be in short supply so I would be looking at booking some where to stay and jetty dive soon.
I have not dived Shark Bay but there is an operator that goes out to Steep Point but I think that would be quite weather and swell dependant.
Also be ready for expensive accomadation and diving but it is an amazing part of the world.

My boyfriend and I will be in WA in late April of this year. We are PADI AOW + Nitrox certified, with about 150 dives. It will be our first time diving in Australia, with previous experience in Latin and South America (pacific and caribbean), Red Sea, SE Asia, and North America.

We are considering making a long road trip from Perth to Exmouth/Coral Bay area.

Apart from Navy Pier does anyone have any advice for the must dives along the way? With limited time what are the highlights? How would you compare the diving in Murion islands vs Coral Bay? How about the diving in Shark Bay? Any recommendations would be much appreciated! We would love to maximize dives for $/time along the way from Perth to Exmouth if possible

Thanks in advance,

Kiwi :)

I have to 100% recommend diving in Perth at Rottnest Island.

If you're planning to come in late April, that's around the best time of the year to dive in Perth. The water temperature is actually warmer in late autumn/early winter, than it is in the middle of summer. Also the sea conditions and visibility are better.

I've actually had some of my best dives ever at Rottnest Island, seen multiple sharks, sea lions & seals, giant cuttlefish & rays and humpback whales in just 1 day. The humpbacks & seals were from above water but very close to the dive boat.

And there are countless swim throughs and caves, and so much variety of multi-colour coral. Shark Cave you're almost certain to see Grey Nurse Sharks, up to 20 sometimes!

I've dived Exmouth and it's great, but it's no comparison to Indonesia. I enjoyed my many dives at Rottnest better, probably because not enough time in Exmouth.

Bucket List Divers, are I think the only dive charter boat that has a dive guide inclusive of charge. The other dive charters you're paired up with a dive buddy.

Enjoy! 😃

I have to 100% recommend diving in Perth at Rottnest Island.

If you're planning to come in late April, that's around the best time of the year to dive in Perth. The water temperature is actually warmer in late autumn/early winter, than it is in the middle of summer. Also the sea conditions and visibility are better.

I've actually had some of my best dives ever at Rottnest Island, seen multiple sharks, sea lions & seals, giant cuttlefish & rays and humpback whales in just 1 day. The humpbacks & seals were from above water but very close to the dive boat.

And there are countless swim throughs and caves, and so much variety of multi-colour coral. Shark Cave you're almost certain to see Grey Nurse Sharks, up to 20 sometimes!

I've dived Exmouth and it's great, but it's no comparison to Indonesia. I enjoyed my many dives at Rottnest better, probably because not enough time in Exmouth.

Bucket List Divers, are I think the only dive charter boat that has a dive guide inclusive of charge. The other dive charters you're paired up with a dive buddy.

Enjoy! 😃

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom