DAN advocating using drysuit for buoyancy control while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow eight pages! I have not read them all but my method is with single tank rec dives I use the dry suit for buoyancy. Properly weighted all I need is the air in the suit to stay neutral if I used the wing also I would have to dive with a squeeze all the time. When diving doubles I use the wing for buoyancy and the suit to keep the squeeze off.

Also saw DAN recommendation in a newsletter and suggested my dive club discuss at the next meeting. Using my drysuit for bouncy doesn't work for me. I add just enough air for warmth and comfort. I can dump air from my BCD a lot faster then from my drysuit.

I use a hybrid of the two philosophies :) I add air to the suit at the beginning of the dive to loft my undergarment and get warm. If needed, I add air to the wing after that for buoyancy however if the dive goes long and I need to warm up I will vent my wing completely and add more air to the suit for warmth.

I would think being in Canada you must be using ARGON in your dry-suit like us New England divers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom