DAN Coverage in Cozumel - GOOD News!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link to DAN's statement on this issue. I hope that no one needs their services, but I am pleased that they clearly see members' well-being, both financial and medical, as their top priority. I've recently renewed my coverage with DAN, and hope other divers will continue to support them as well.

No suprise here, but glad the controversary is over. From the link provided by Diversion...
DAN News
DAN and SSS Issue Joint Press Release
Last Updated: 4/28/06 3:47:04 PM

Divers Alert Network (DAN) and SSS Network of Recompression Chambers (SSS) Joint Press Release

Divers Alert Network (DAN America) and clinic members of the SSS Network of Recompression Chambers (SSS) announce that they have reached a settlement in the recent legal action. Representatives of SSS announce that DAN America insurance is once again accepted as a result of the resolution of the outstanding claims that were the basis for the lawsuit. The terms of the settlement remain confidential. The SSS Network of Recompression Chambers and DAN America pledge to work closely together to ensure that injured divers will receive the most appropriate and effective medical care.

I still recommend Dr. Piccolo over the SSS Chamber.

Dr. Piccolo is also the "official" DAN Dr. on the island.

Christi:
I still recommend Dr. Piccolo over the SSS Chamber.

Dr. Piccolo is also the "official" DAN Dr. on the island.
Appreciate that - such recommendations are very helpful.

Does one always get a choice, tho? If a diver incurs symptoms on a dive boat, and the captain requests an ambulance to pick up the diver at a dock - as I have seen happen once while there, does the driver ask for a preference, or does this have anything to do with the operator?

I don't think you've ever had a diver go to a chamber, but you know a lot more about what happens. I wonder if this would be a good what-if thread to post outside of this one...?

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom