DAN gets attacked by commercial spammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver:
No. The old information is on their website. It does not address the new chambers that don't take their insurance.

As to your question: I was going to the Bahamas in 2 weeks when this originally came to light. I bought additional insurance from DiveAssure that covers me anywhere. I won't be renewing my DAN insurance when it expires.

Thanks.

Mauricio Moreno has sold 6 of the 9 SSS chambers involved in the dispute. He still owns those in Nassau, Cancun & Cabo San Lucas, and they're still not playing ball, but they're on the market. DAN has arrived at a payment agreement with the owners of the 6 sold units, although the amount of reimbursement is substantially above DAN's reasonable & customary fees.

For those heading to Thailand, the Phuket & Koh Samui facilities are in the clear for the DAN insured among you. For the CZM bound, this means that now both the SSS and Hyperbarica Cozumel facilites are accepting DAN.

Regarding the 3 SSS chambers that have yet to make peace with DAN, the following DAN assurance remains in force---> http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/news/article.asp?newsid=734

In the meantime, Moreno is playing dirty; along with the gratuitous attacks on DAN for its for-profit subsidiaries and performance as a non-profit organization that appear on SSS's website and last email, he has deposed a silly number of DAN, NBS & AGI personnel and even named some in the suit. The suit is scheduled to go to trial in early May, but it's going to mediation in a couple of weeks and it seems hopeful that all will be ironed out during that proceeding.

Stay tuned.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Stay tuned

That really explained it. Nice to understand why/what. As I said before, I know when something smells funny, and the continuing e-mails stunk pretty bad. Thanks.

Their website, if you can call it that was created, less than a month before the release.

Domain Name: MEDICALHYPERBARICS.COM

Administrative Contact :
Medical Hyperbarics Inc.
wh2m93mb5wk@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
ATTN: MEDICALHYPERBARICS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
Medical Hyperbarics Inc.
wh2m93mb5wk@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
ATTN: MEDICALHYPERBARICS.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Record expires on 03-Oct-2008
Record created on 03-Oct-2005
Database last updated on 03-Oct-2005

From the DAN website 4/28/2006:

Divers Alert Network (DAN America) and clinic members of the SSS Network of Recompression Chambers (SSS) announce that they have reached a settlement in the recent legal action. Representatives of SSS announce that DAN America insurance is once again accepted as a result of the resolution of the outstanding claims that were the basis for the lawsuit. The terms of the settlement remain confidential. The SSS Network of Recompression Chambers and DAN America pledge to work closely together to ensure that injured divers will receive the most appropriate and effective medical care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom