Data Corruption 12/21/2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much wisdom and insight lost. I call for a quest to recover it! What character will you be? I choose a half elf ranger mage assassin!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
You've seen the Hobit one too many times. BTW, do you have hair growing on the top of your feet???

At first I thought I was on one of those other forum "wannabees"-- with "last post 7 days, 3 hours ago". Now that I know, it's obvious what must happen. We will need some new and interesting threads, because we all read whatever was here up to Dec. 21 and know what will come next.

On 12/21 the world did not end, but somehow our database suffered an un-repairable corruption. I spent countless hours over the past few days trying to restore our Article section and fix the corrupted data. I, with the aid of vBulletin technical support, were unable to repair the tables.

The database has been rolled back to our 12/21 backup, which is before the article section of the site was impacted.

Unfortunately, any posts, messages, changes to your account, and users who registered during that period will be lost. If you did register during that time, I'm very sorry to say you'll have to re-register.

I'm terribly sorry that this was the only solution to the problem.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

May we PLEASE not re-do the HOG HP port thread

May we PLEASE not re-do the HOG HP port thread

I agree! Maybe we can roll back to pre-12/20 instead!

Howarde, when I click on "Find Latest Posts" in my profile, I get what appears to be a random collection of posts. The same thing if I click my user-name in a post of mine, and then "View Forum Posts."

Oh, and I was totally joking when I accused you of "ham-fisted tech-ing." It's not as if "tech" is a verb. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom