Datamax Sport blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi.
I have an old datamax sport that has worked faithfully for several years. Last time I tried to use it, it would turn on, cycle thru the power on test, and then turn off. I've tried changing the batteries, but it just goes to sleep after the test.
Is this the end? What can I do to unbrick it?

Thanks.
"several years"? several decades maybe... You do realize how old this computer is? I bet you have children younger than it (or at least a favourite pair of socks or t-shirt). And you likely have gotten your moneys worth from it. Stop complaining, move on.

This was my second computer. My first was the non replaceable battery version which only lasted a few years. I finally sold my datamax sport about 3 years ago on ebay. Still in excellent shape. Great workhorse, easy to use, but 1 stupid design feature. You HAD to push the button to activate it if it was outside the 16? hour countdown. Very stupid design.

That said, I now have a stable of 1994 era uwatecs. Solid construction, just like the Datamax. Try several different battery brands and batteries within the same brand. Keep it alive if you can. If you get it to powerup properly, appeal to your LDS to pressure test it as a good will gesture. Everyone likes a bit of history!

Back
Top Bottom