Davey MC1A compressor questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KauaiScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I see tons of threads about this compressor but no write-ups or pictures of how people are filling their tanks. I have an idea of how I will be setting mine up but looking to compare to others. Anyone have any write-ups or pictures of their setup able to fill scuba tanks? Thanks in advance! :)

I see tons of threads about this compressor but no write-ups or pictures of how people are filling their tanks. I have an idea of how I will be setting mine up but looking to compare to others. Anyone have any write-ups or pictures of their setup able to fill scuba tanks? Thanks in advance! :)

You will get more responses with more specific questions.

I assume you have just the compressor, and you need all the goods that go between the hp output and a scuba tank.

There are many variations but the basics will be starting from the HP output:

Check valve

Coalescing Separator
Desiccant (Moisture absorbing media)
Activated Charcoal (removes hydrocarbons)
CO catalyst (Converts CO to CO2)
^These can often be contained in a single filter tower, or multiple filter towers

Relief valve

Priority valve (maintains pressure on filter stack)

Moisture "eyeball"

Control valve

Pressure gauge

Vent

Fill whip (s)

There are many variations on how to rig all these items, and extras that can be nice, but unnecessary.

I'd recommend contacting a Breathing Air Equipment supplier / compressor service company for specifics.

Good luck

Tobin

My extra parts as of now...

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 90
As of now, the plan is to remove the inline cylinder and the original filtration. The cylinder will be bypassed and the original filtration will be upgraded to the twin tower with a manifold and whips. I just have to figure out where to mount it all. I will take pictures along the way for anyone interested. If anyone has any input, feel free! Aloha!

As of now, the plan is to remove the inline cylinder and the original filtration. The cylinder will be bypassed and the original filtration will be upgraded to the twin tower with a manifold and whips. I just have to figure out where to mount it all. I will take pictures along the way for anyone interested. If anyone has any input, feel free! Aloha!

If those towers and coalescing separator are in working condition you have a lot of value there. It also looks like you have a OPV, and Priority valve.

Take a careful look at your whips. These are a wear item.

I'd contact LAWRENCE FACTOR® – Specializing In High Pressure Purification Products And Services about the filters and separators.
Bring money. :)

Tobin

You can screw the filter setup to the wall as long as there is plenty of room above to install the replacement filter cartridge. For the first tower, I would use a pure 13X tower and then in the second one part 13X and part activated charcoal. You may also think about adding an automatic drain to your separator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom