Day Island wall 09.15.06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Lee, Kirk, Richard and I arrived at about 7pm. Lee and I buddied up and decided to go south along the wall. We were lucky enough that when we hit about 70', we saw a couple of small octos fighting on the bottom, and low and behold, in a small cavern above the wrestlers, was a big GPO. Is is mating season about now??? She looked great and we sat and watched the little guys tussle and eventually, one went into the cavern with her. Could this be romance??? Hope he did not become dinner. Lee and myself continued on and saw another octo in the open. After 90', we turned the dive and started the ascent. It sure is fun ascending a wall. I love that feel of flying. Did short deco stops every 10 feet and at about 50' on a ledge we found a sailfin sculpin. My first. Got a couple of good shots, but the little guy would not sit still for anything. Met up with our other dive team and and did our 3 minute saftey stop and 20'. Popped up about 10' feet away from our entry point. A fun dive. Max depth was 90' and total bottom time was 56 minutes. Thank you Lee and the critters of Puget Sound

Here is my photo show from the dive.... Please enjoy.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/RV6bf5hD

Great GPO shots and the sailfin was cool, too. I really like the lighting on the GPO shots. What's your light set-up?

Dave

Nice shots, Tim ... Pete and I got in the water a bit before you guys. Sure were a lot of divers on the wall Friday night.

Here's my photo show from that dive ...

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Jj3DM6MA

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dave .... using an Ikelite DS 50 strobe. Second time using it. and I am liking the results. I am also using a small light to help with the auto focus and that is cutting down on the blurry shots.

Bob .... great show ....

Thanks very much for sharing guys! Something to very much look forward to!

Cool pics from both of you. I have yet to dive there...must put it on the "To Dive" list.

I loved the barnacle shot, Tim.

And Bob, the sailfin shot was a great one.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, but I read the original post and thought, "And who was Kirk diving with?" You guys took good care of my dive buddy, right?

Back
Top Bottom