Daytona beach area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajahman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,
It,s been a while since I posted here. I will be in Daytona beach next week and I would like to know the nearest Beach/springs that are worth diving within a two(2) hour drive from the Daytona area.My daughter and I would like to do a beach or spring dive while in the area.
Thanks.
Ajahman.

I recently went to a shop in daytona and asked them this same question since I have family in that area and they said they send most people south, to the keys. Great help right. But they did suggest Blue and Alexander Springs which is 'close by'. There is an offshore charter out of New Smyrna called sea dogs if your looking for something like that.

wes

Sea Dogs does offshore charters, good operation. Mindanao is a great wreck that they frequent often.

Within 2 hours from Daytona you can be south to West Palm Beach, or North to Jacksonville, or West to the Gulf, or to any number of fresh water springs. You might want to do a web search for Scuba Jacksonville, or other area. Plenty of resources googling diving in florida. Blue Spring in Orange City is about 1 hour from Daytona, Alexander Spring 40 minutes. SeaDog goes out often (not sure about during the week) based on current ocean conditions. You could call Spruce Creek Dive Center Phone (386)767-1727 in Port Orange. Their slogan is "Any dive, any time". Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom