Dead Adult Green Turtle North of Fort Lauderdale Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tropicaledit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just came across this dead adult Green Turtle on the beach (NW 23rd & A1A) Just North of Fort Lauderdale Beach. The people around it said it probably swallowed some plastic. Don't know but it looks like that might be the case. Don't know who to contact about the cleanup, or if that is even done in a case like this. Unfortunate.

IMG_2470.jpgIMG_2468.jpgIMG_2463.jpgIMG_2471.jpg

I'll bet one of the turtle rescues might be interested in performing a necropsy.

Hey Pat, good seeing you posting again, I'd call S.T.O.P or Save the Turtles.org they may be able to give you better info although by now it may be too late already. If you ever see another one (I hope not) look for a tag on its' fins which may give you info about who to contact.

Always sad to hear of a turtle death. Turtles can't tell a plastic bag from a jellyfish.

Always sad to hear of a turtle death. Turtles can't tell a plastic bag from a jellyfish.
e
Very sad indeed. Make every dive a beach cleanup if you see a plastic back put it in your bcd for disposal later.

Hey Pat, good seeing you posting again, I'd call S.T.O.P or Save the Turtles.org they may be able to give you better info although by now it may be too late already. If you ever see another one (I hope not) look for a tag on its' fins which may give you info about who to contact.

Yeah, been on a break way to long, but went off LBTS on Saturday, ... looking forward to gettin back out there. We'll see ya around some time. Good tip on the Turtle !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom