Deep 6 regs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a brighter note, when I brought my reg set to get my mouth pieces switched out, not only did the shop switch out my mouth pieces, they also re-routed my hoses for me and explained to me their reasoning, and checked “cracking pressure” (is that what you call it?) and tied me an extra zip tie around my mouthpiece so it would not fall out of my bungee. The tech was a tech diver/instructor. I was expecting them to give me a hard time about buying a reg online. They didn’t and were super helpful. I did spend several thousand dollars there though.

LDS said he needed to check the fittings of the no name brand because somebody who did not know what he was doing probably set it up!
Then he said I could never get it serviced because it’s not a brand name and there were no parts available. Unfortunately I opened my big mouth and said that they service first service for free but include the parts and manual.
This brought out a big sneer and comments about how bad they are if they just send you parts and expect you to service it yourself!

At this point I figured it was better to keep mouth shut and let him be.
The spare regs he made me bring sat unused in the truck and I never felt better for making the decision to buy Deep6gear regs!

LDS said he needed to check the fittings of the no name brand because somebody who did not know what he was doing probably set it up!
Then he said I could never get it serviced because it’s not a brand name and there were no parts available. Unfortunately I opened my big mouth and said that they service first service for free but include the parts and manual.
This brought out a big sneer and comments about how bad they are if they just send you parts and expect you to service it yourself!

At this point I figured it was better to keep mouth shut and let him be.
The spare regs he made me bring sat unused in the truck and I never felt better for making the decision to buy Deep6gear regs!

That’s really unfortunate but not a surprise.

Was it a GTA shop or FL?

Interesting the different attitudes of the two LDS's in the previous two posts. Wonder which one will keep their customer.

Interesting the different attitudes of the two LDS's in the previous two posts. Wonder which one will keep their customer.

I was expecting the LDS to give me the same kind of attitude that @Tournesol2000 got. I was pleasantly surprised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom