Deep sea crawling fish (800 meters...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tell me what kind of fish this might be? A friend of mine took this picture on his ROW-watch in the North Sea. Estimated lenght about 30 cm. It never left the mud, kind of crawling forward...

Crawler.jpg

http://www.turut.no/div_pics.htm

KOMPRESSOR:
Can anyone tell me what kind of fish this might be? A friend of mine took this picture on his ROW-watch in the North Sea. Estimated lenght about 30 cm. It never left the mud, kind of crawling forward...

Can't help you with the ID, but wow... thanks for posting this amazing picture. Special thanks to your bud! :thumb:

Forward it to Dr. Richard Haedrich at Memorial University in Newfoundland. He's a deep-sea fish guy.

SubMariner:
Can't help you with the ID, but wow... thanks for posting this amazing picture. Special thanks to your bud! :thumb:

There's more... :D
-Thought I'd sort out this one first, and I'm off to a weekend exercise with the National Guard now so the rest will have to wait until monday.

Can't help you fish ID...thanks you for your sharing.
Deep sea crawling fish (800 meters...)wow...extremely deep 800m

835 meters to be exact...

archman:
Forward it to Dr. Richard Haedrich at Memorial University in Newfoundland. He's a deep-sea fish guy.

Could you do that for me? I don't know the guy, and I don't have his contact info.

divnlite:
Department of Biology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Ph: (709) 737-8833
Fax: (709) 737-3121
email: haedrich@mun.ca

FYI

Just a reminder: NFLD is 1.5 hours ahead of of Eastern time, eh?! :canada:

Looks like an Eelpout to me. They can go to those depths I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom