Info Deep six stability wing experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BentSeaRod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any experience with the deep six stability wing? Looks relatively new and I haven’t seen any reviews or comments online.

I like the idea of the poly coated nylon and I’m considering whether or not it’s worth a slight cost increase over the DGX wing. Besides the perceived benefit of the non absorbent material, the lighter and more pack able option is preferred between the deep six and DGX.

-BSR

No one has any experience on the new D6 wing? Any commentary on the D6 wing vs the DGX is appreciated. I expect they are very similar, but its winter so I need some details to obsess over....

It looks very similar to the Apeks WTX-D30 wing:

Deep 6 stability wing:
1703783591687.png

Apeks WTX-D30:
1703783723986.png

I would personally go with the Deep 6 wing....their list price is 349.95 which is almot $150 less expensive than the Apeks version. Plus Deep 6 has great customer service...one can call with questions/concerns and you are often speaking directly with one of the owners of the company. Aqualung/Apeks do not like to work directly with end users and demand one go through their dealer for any issues.

-Z

DGX is another great company with excellent customer service. They have been around longer than Deep 6 if that means anything to you, but both companies are top notch.

I believe @buddhasummer has/had a DGX wing and if I recall correctly he expressed something along the lines that it was a solid piece of equipment even though the shell felt a bit on the thin side.

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice between Deep 6 or DGX....buy one and dive the hell out of it. If it impresses you then buy another when you wear the first one out...if it doesn't use it as an opportunity to try the other or something different.

There is enough of a following of either brand that if you purchase one and after using it a couple of times you have buyers remorse, you would be able to sell it here on ScubaBoard with very little effort.

I understand why and how folks obsess over gear, but choosing between the products from these 2 brands is basically like splitting hairs....both are good products, both are good companies...its a win-win decision as far as I can see.

-Z

DGX is another great company with excellent customer service. They have been around longer than Deep 6 if that means anything to you, but both companies are top notch.

I believe @buddhasummer has/had a DGX wing and if I recall correctly he expressed something along the lines that it was a solid piece of equipment even though the shell felt a bit on the thin side.

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice between Deep 6 or DGX....buy one and dive the hell out of it. If it impresses you then buy another when you wear the first one out...if it doesn't use it as an opportunity to try the other or something different.

There is enough of a following of either brand that if you purchase one and after using it a couple of times you have buyers remorse, you would be able to sell it here on ScubaBoard with very little effort.

I understand why and how folks obsess over gear, but choosing between the products from these 2 brands is basically like splitting hairs....both are good products, both are good companies...its a win-win decision as far as I can see.

-Z

You recalled correctly. It was well made but did feel it was on the thin side but bearing in mind my direct comparison was to an Oxy Extreme which is a very thick and heavy wing.

Happy holidays Jeff.

You recalled correctly. It was well made but did feel it was on the thin side but bearing in mind my direct comparison was to an Oxy Extreme which is a very thick and heavy wing.

Happy holidays Jeff.

Blessings to you and your family this holiday season brother.

-Z

I have both the DGX and the Deep6 wing. I prefer the Deep6 for its quickdry poly coating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom